August 21, 2014
Veterans encouraged to apply for Jackson, S.C. deer hunt
The S.C. Department of Natural Resources and Cowden Plantation near Jackson, S.C. are offering their thanks and appreciation to our military (active, retired, reserved, disabled) in memory of Spc. Thomas Caughman by hosting two free deer hunts, Nov. 14, 2014 and Dec. 19, 2014.
Successful applicants will have lunch before the hunt as well as the opportunity to tour the Jarrett Rifles Gun Shop and Museum.
For those interested in attending one of the hunts, please fill out an application (PDF file) and send it to Jessica Gibson via Fax (803) 734-4491 or email (email@example.com). The department is accepting the first 20 applications for each hunt until Oct. 17, 2014. Once the application is received you will be sent a confirmation email with further details about the hunt.
Spc. Caughman of Lexington, S.C. was killed in 2004 while serving during Operation Iraqi Freedom when his Humvee was struck by rocket-propelled grenades and small-arms fire in Baghdad.
- New locations added to DNR courtesy boating inspections set during Labor Day weekend
- Veterans encouraged to apply for Jackson, S.C. deer hunt
- All-time antler records update now available on DNR website
- Sept. 26 deadline to apply for Manchester State Forest youth deer hunt
- DNR, Air Force to conduct youth deer hunt at Poinsett Electronic Combat Range
- Sept. 28 deadline to apply for Belfast WMA youth deer hunt
- S.C. Prescribed Fire Council Sept. 24-25 meeting to focus on Jocassee Gorges, Upstate
- Sept. 15 is deadline for DNR's special youth deer hunts in Upstate
- 26th Annual Beach Sweep/River Sweep Set for Sept. 20
- DNR, U.S. Forest Service to provide special youth dove hunt Sept. 6 in Union County
- DNR and SCPRT partner to host Sept. 13 Cheraw youth fishing rodeo, paddle clinic
- Youth draw deer hunts set at Bluefield/Moultrie Hunt Unit this fall
- Aiken County wildlife area opens to the public Saturdays in September
- Abbeville County youth dove hunt to be held Sept. 6
- Dove hunting opportunity expanded for SC hunters
- Volunteer instructors sought for new Family Fishing Clinics
- Upstate National Hunting and Fishing Day set Sept. 20 at Duke Energy's World of Energy
- Deer hunts for mobility impaired hunters to be held in Upstate
- Conservation Bank to host Land Trusts workshop Sept. 23 in Columbia
- Freshwater fishing trends
- Saltwater fishing trends
- S.C. weekly tidetable
- DNR video
- Archived news releases