** Archived Article - please check for current information. **
September 12, 2014Additional locations added to DNR Family Fishing Clinics
The S.C. Department of Natural Resources (DNR) is hosting a series of Family Fishing Clinics around the state from Table Rock State Park in the Upstate to Poinsett State Park in the Midlands. The events are free of charge, but the public is asked to register.
Register or find out more about these clinics and others around the state.
The Family Fishing Clinics are designed to introduce the basics of freshwater fishing to the young and old. Participants will learn how to tie fishing knots, rig rods, cast, fish and more!
The intention of the Family Fishing Clinics is to introduce participants with little or no angling experience or those who need a refresher to the basics of fishing to increase their future participation in the sport. Participants will learn how and where to fish and have someone to fish with to become confident anglers.
- Late-season migratory bird regulations set
- Boardwalk at Dungannon Plantation Heritage Preserve reopened
- Shrimp-baiting season opens Sept. 12 in S.C. waters
- Additional locations added to DNR Family Fishing Clinics
- S.C. Natural Resources Board meets Sept. 19 in Columbia
- 2014 deer season forecast good
- Pee Dee Scenic Rivers public opinion survey report available
- Veterans encouraged to apply for Jackson, S.C. deer hunt
- All-time antler records update now available on DNR website
- Sept. 26 deadline to apply for Manchester State Forest youth deer hunt
- DNR, Air Force to conduct youth deer hunt at Poinsett Electronic Combat Range
- Sept. 28 deadline to apply for Belfast WMA youth deer hunt
- S.C. Prescribed Fire Council Sept. 24-25 meeting to focus on Jocassee Gorges, Upstate
- 26th Annual Beach Sweep/River Sweep Set for Sept. 20
- Upstate National Hunting and Fishing Day set Sept. 20 at Duke Energy's World of Energy
- Conservation Bank to host Land Trusts workshop Sept. 23 in Columbia
- Freshwater fishing trends
- Saltwater fishing trends
- S.C. weekly tidetable
- DNR video
- Archived news releases