Reporting your Wild Turkey Harvest is now Required by Law
What is SC Game Check?
SC Game Check is an electronic harvest reporting system through the new Go Outdoors SC system designed to track wild turkey harvest on a daily, county-by-county basis. SC Game Check is required by law and all turkey hunters in South Carolina must report their harvest by midnight on the day of harvest. Reporting your harvest is quick, easy, and free through the new Go Outdoors SC app, website portal, toll-free phone number, or, new this year, hunters can report their harvest by text.
Why SC Game Check?
SC Game Check will provide detailed daily harvest totals and trends throughout the season. It will also provide harvest data on private land vs. public land. This, in addition to the harvest data and hunter effort data received from post-season mail surveys, will aid SCDNR in evaluating the impact of season frameworks and help provide recommendations for regulatory and legislative decisions and allow for more adaptive approaches to managing wild turkeys into the future. Additionally, the reporting system, along with the already required physical tagging of wild turkeys, will foster and enhance bag limit compliance and provide an additional tool for enforcement of limits and regulations.
How do I report my harvest?
After harvesting and tagging your wild turkey, simply report the harvest by midnight that day by:
- Reporting your harvest in the Go Outdoors SC app, or
- Entering the harvest online through Go Outdoors SC, or
- Calling the SC Game Check reporting phone line at 1-833-4SC-GAME (1-833-472-4263)
- Through the NEW Text to Harvest option by texting “Harvest” to 1-833-472-4263 and follow the prompts.
Take your pick and use the method that works best for you.
What information do I need to Report a Harvest?
Before getting started, please start by verifying your information.
- SCDNR CUSTOMER ID # located on your hunting license or turkey tags (DO NOT enter the “C” or the string of zeros that preceding your customer ID # TAG COLOR/CODE on your harvested bird
- COUNTY where you harvested the turkey
- TYPE OF LAND (public or private),
- NAME OF THE WMA OR OTHER PUBLIC PROPERTY(if harvested on public land)
- AGE OF THE TURKEY (Jake or Longbeard)
- TIME OF DAY (am or pm) of the harvest
If you are reporting your harvest by telephone, the following list of COUNTY CODES will make the process easier:
|01 ABBEVILLE||02 AIKEN||03 ALLENDALE||04 ANDERSON|
|05 BAMBERG||06 BARNWELL||07 BEAUFORT||08 BERKELEY|
|09 CALHOUN||10 CHARLESTON||11 CHEROKEE||12 CHESTER|
|13 CHESTERFIELD||14 CLARENDON||15 COLLETON||16 DARLINGTON|
|17 DILLON||18 DORCHESTER||19 EDGEFIELD||20 FAIRFIELD|
|21 FLORENCE||22 GEORGETOWN||23 GREENVILLE||24 GREENWOOD|
|25 HAMPTON||26 HORRY||27 JASPER||28 KERSHAW|
|29 LANCASTER||30 LAURENS||31 LEE||32 LEXINGTON|
|33 McCORMICK||34 MARION||35 MARLBORO||36 NEWBERRY|
|37 OCONEE||38 ORANGEBURG||39 PICKENS||40 RICHLAND|
|41 SALUDA||42 SPARTANBURG||43 SUMTER||44 UNION|
|45 WILLIAMSBURG||46 YORK|
It's a fast and convenient process and you will receive a confirmation number when you are done.
Go Outdoors SC App Tutorials
- How to add your license in the app (PDF)
- How to report a harvest in the app (PDF)
- How to report a harvest on Youth Day for
a youth hunter with no tags/license (PDF)
Additional Information for Turkey Hunting