Marine - Shellfish
2022-2023 Shellfish harvest season will open October 1, 2022 for recreational and commercial wild harvest seasons for all molluscan shellfish. Season will remain open through May 15, 2023, unless conditions warrant extending or shortening of the season.
Shellfish Grounds may be closed to harvest after storm events or marine spill. Please check with SCDHEC for the latest information on closure status. You can also call the SCDHEC shellfish hotline at 1-800-285-1618 or visit their news releases webpage.
- Commercial Harvest
- Culture Permits
- Recreational Shellfish Maps
- Recreational Shellfish Harvesting Rules
Other Shellfish Information
- Community Restoration Program - (SCORE)
- Intertidal Oyster Reef Mapping
- Marine Resources Research Institute -
- Shell Recycling
- State of the Resource Report on