Research Experiences for Minority Students: Program Requirements
Downloadable files below are in the PDF format.
Applications will be accepted from science majors who have at least a 2.5 GPA in their major courses (2.0 overall).
Applicants must provide:
- College Transcript (original copy preferred)
- Two letters of recommendations (preferably from present or past professors)
- Written statements of fields of interest and goals.
- An application form for the MIMES program
- A State of SC Employment Application
In addition to the MIMES program, other undergraduate research opportunities are available.
Note - Completed application packages should be postmarked no later than 5:00 PM on FRIDAY, MARCH 13, 2015. Students are STRONGLY encouraged to make arrangements to have hard copies of all of these application materials sent by U.S. Postal Service together in a single envelop to the contact information shown below.
For more information about the MIMES Program, please contact:
Dr. Peter Kingsley-Smith
Marine Resources Research Institute
Marine Resources Division
South Carolina Department of Natural Resources
217 Fort Johnson Road / P.O. Box 12559
Charleston, SC 29422-2559