SC Marine Game Fish Tagging Program
Caught a Tagged Fish
- Record the tag number.
- Record the date, precise location of catch and type of fish.
- Measure and record the total length of the fish. Measurement should be taken
from the tip of the lower jaw to the tip of the tail. If a fork length (lower
jaw to midpoint of tail) is taken please indicate this after the measurement.
- If you are mailing in the information indicate what was done with the fish.
For example, was the fish released with tag intact or was the fish retained.
- Report the recapture as soon as possible.
- Recapture information can be either called in or mailed with attention to the
- Report a recapture online.
For a YELLOW tag, with a six digit number preceded by the letter "A", "E", or "K" contact Robert Wiggers at (843) 953-9363. These are tags used by anglers participating in the public tagging program. Email: email@example.com
For ORANGE tags with the letters "DJ" preceding the number contact John Archambault at (843) 953-9234. These are tags used by staff biologists working on Inshore Fisheries Research. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For BLUE dorsal tag found on the first dorsal fin of a shark with the letter "B" preceding a number, contact Bryan Frazier or Carrie Hendrix at (843) 953-9843. Email email@example.com.