Floodplain Managers Information
(Documents below are in PDF or Excel format.)
Floodplain Manager Contact Information Change Form
- Floodplain Permit Review Form
- Floodplain Permit Review - Suggested Steps
- ICC Information and How You Can Benefit
- Is Your Floodplain Manager Certified
- Letter of Determination Review (LODR) application process
- Ordinance Check List
- Raised Floor Living
- Use of Real Estate Appraisals for Substantial Improvement/Damage Determinations
- Coastal Construction Practices
- Coastal Construction Fact Sheets, Fact Sheet Guide and Fact Sheets 1-31
Substantial Damage Estimates
A minimum requirement to participate in the National Flood Insurance Program is to conduct Substantial Damage Estimates on all damaged structures located in the Special Flood Hazard Area after any natural disaster such as flooding, tornado or fire. Below you will find links to tools that will assist in conducting those assessments.
- Substantial Damage Estimate Worksheet
- Substantial Damage Assessment Field Inspection Guidance
- SI-SD Desk Reference
- Substantial Damage Estimate Tool
National Floodplain Insurance Program (NFIP) - Technical Bulletins
- User's Guide to Technical Bulletins (Technical Bulletin 0) (2021)
Provides a list of available technical bulletins, a key word/subject reference index for all the bulletins, and information about how to obtain copies of the bulletins.
Requirements for Flood Openings in Foundation Walls and Walls of Enclosures (Technical Bulletin 1) (2020)
Provides guidance on the NFIP regulations concerning the requirement for openings in below-Base Flood Elevation foundation walls for buildings located in Zones A, AE, A1-A30, AR, AO, and AH.
- Flood Damage-Resistant Materials Requirements (Technical Bulletin 2) (2008)
Provides guidance on the NFIP regulations concerning the required use of flood damage-resistant construction materials for building components located below the Base Flood Elevation in Special Flood Hazard Areas (both A and V Zones).
- Requirements for the Design and Certification of Dry Floodproofed Non-Residential and Mixed-Use Buildings (Technical Bulletin 2) (2021)
Provides guidance on the NFIP regulations concerning watertight construction and the required certification for floodproofed nonresidential buildings in Zones A, AE, A1-A30, AR, AO, and AH whose lowest floors are below the Base Flood Elevation.
- Elevator Installation (Technical Bulletin 4) (2019)
Provides guidance on the NFIP regulations concerning the installation of elevators below the Base Flood Elevation in Special Flood Hazard Areas (both A and V Zones).
- Free-of-Obstruction Requirements (Technical Bulletin 5) (2020)
Provides guidance on the NFIP regulations concerning obstructions to flood waters below elevated buildings and on building sites in Coastal High Hazard Areas (Zones V, VE, and V1-V30).
- Requirements for Dry Floodproofed Below-Grade Parking Areas Under Non-Residential and Mixed-Use Buildings (Technical Bulletin 6) (2021)
Provides guidance on the NFIP regulations concerning the design of below-grade parking garages beneath buildings located in Zones A, AE, A1-A30, AR, AO, and AH.
- 7-93 Wet Floodproofing Requirements (FIA-TB-7)
Provides guidance on the NFIP regulations concerning wet floodproofing of certain types of structures located in Zones A, AE, A1-A30, AR, AO, and AH.
- Corrosion Protection for Metal Connectors and Fasteners in Coastal Areas (Technical Bulletin 8) (June 2019)
Provides guidance on the need for, selection of, and use of corrosion-resistant metal connectors for the construction of buildings in coastal areas.
- Design and Construction Guidance for Breakaway Walls (Technical Bulletin 9) (September 2021)
Provides guidance on the NFIP regulations concerning the design and construction of breakaway walls beneath elevated buildings in Coastal High Hazard Areas (Zones V, VE, and VI-V30).
- 10-01 Ensuring that Structures Built on Fill In or Near Special Flood Hazard Areas are Reasonably Safe From Flooding (FIA-TB-10)
This technical bulletin discusses building techniques, including the use of fill, that can be used to ensure structures are reasonably safe from flooding.
- 11-01 Crawlspace Construction for Buildings Located in Special Flood Hazard Areas (FIA-TB-11)
Provides interim guidance on minimum NFIP requirements as well as best practices for crawlspace construction in the Special Flood Hazard Area.
- TB P-467-2 Floodplain Management Bulletin on Historic Structures
Addresses how the NFIP treats historic structures. This bulletin also identifies mitigation measures that can be taken to protect historic structures from floods.