** Archived Article - please check for current information. **
January 16, 2015Midlands Striper Club hosts annual awards banquet
Midlands Striper Club held its annual awards banquet at Saluda Shoals Park on Jan. 10th to celebrate the 2014 season and give special recognition to sponsors as well as the top five finishing teams. Shealy’s BBQ of Batesburg did an outstanding job with the catering to the 150 folks in attendance.
Team Landlocked finished the season on top of the standings for the second year in a row and received recognition for their back to back fantastic years. Team Captain Richy Brensinger and Joey Smoak, both of Lexington and Wayne Bell of Prosperity were all in attendance and spent time talking about the trials of the 2014 season and thanking those that helped them make 2014 such a special season.
Throughout the evening many individuals and businesses were recognized for their contributions to the club. Donnie Christopher of Rock Hill accepted a special award on behalf of Nichols Store of Rock Hill for their many years of continued sponsorship of club activities. Special Recognition Awards were also presented to Mosley’s Diamond Showcase and Flight Deck Restaurant. The event ended with many great door prizes along with our grand prize drawing of a 30 gallon G&M bait tank,
Midlands Striper Club is a family oriented fishing organization dedicated to preserving our fisheries for generations to come. MSC’s monthly meetings are scheduled the second Tuesday of every month starting at 7 p.m. at the Flight Deck in Lexington. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on MSC and how you can get involved.
Since 2001, the club's members have donated more than $50,000 to the S.C. Department of Natural Resources for striped bass research and stock enhancements in the Palmetto State.
- Rainfall relieves drought conditions statewide
- DNR to conduct coyote biology, control program Jan. 27 in Greenville
- Boating infrastructure grant workshop March 31 in Charleston
- 27th Annual Wild Quail Management Seminar scheduled for March 5-6
- Midlands Striper Club hosts annual awards banquet
- Hunting introduced to new generation during youth deer hunts on Upstate private lands
- Youth coon hunt to be held in Norway on Jan. 24
- DNR now issuing 365 day licenses
- Visiting boaters to SC waters reminded of numerous pumpout stations along the coast
- 2015 South Carolina Wildlife-Hampton Wildlife Fund annual outdoor photo contest deadline approaching
- Jan. 31 outdoor expo to benefit Conway area youth fishing clubs
- Prescribed burns restore habitat, improve safety on heritage preserves
- After the holidays, let Christmas trees benefit fish and wildlife
- Many animal species benefit from snags, so leave some standing dead trees
- Fort Frederick Heritage Preserve Friday tours from Jan. 16-Feb. 6
- Freshwater fishing trends
- Saltwater fishing trends
- S.C. weekly tidetable
- DNR video
- Archived news releases