Schedule your Program
Request a Program
Fall 2020 calendar opens on September 3, 2020 at 10 am
Spring 2021 and remaining fall dates open on October 22, 2020 at 10 am
General Program Information:
- Due to social distancing restrictions, we can only allow a maximum 20 students per day for field trips. Every person will have to wear a mask while on our property following CDC guidelines. You can book multiple days for larger groups.
- Field Trips last 2- 4 hours long: you are welcome to bring/eat lunch afterwards
- No fee for school groups
- We serve as many students in this state as possible, please only request one program
- The SCDNR reserves the right to reschedule or modify your program with proper notification
- Do you want to be added to our teacher email list to hear about new programs, teacher workshops, and other resources? Please sign up here!
- Want it in spanish? Email MarineEducation@dnr.sc.gov.
We use GoToWebinar for our virtual programs. Individuals must register to view the program live. GoToWebinar requires a free app to view programs on a mobile device or tablet. You will receive instructions to join in your confirmation email.
- September 17: Discover the Estuary (Grades K-12)
- September 24: Squid Dissection (Grades 5-12)
- October 2: Coastal Reptiles (Grades K-5)
- October 7: Oyster Reef Community (Grades 5-12)
- October 13: All about Sharks (Grades 5-12)
- October 22: Fish Dissection (Grades 5-12)
- October 29: All about Invertebrates (Grades K-5)
- November 5: Sea Turtle Ecology (Grades 5-12)
- November 10: Survival in the Estuary (Grades 6-12)
- November 19: Discover the Estuary (Grades K-12)
- December 3: All about Sharks (Grades K-5)
Marine Science in the Schoolyard:
Educators will come to your school and conduct education programs (Program Descriptions) outside on school grounds. Limit to 1.5 hour drive from Ft. Johnson. Check the calendar and request a program. Note: This is only a program REQUEST. You will be notified if your program was confirmed within 24 hours.
In order to maintain safe, social distancing, we are only allowing a maximum of 20 people per group. We will split into 2 smaller groups to conduct the programs. We require every person wear masks during these programs. Note: This is only a program REQUEST. You will be notified if your program was confirmed within 24 hours.
- Discovery boat unavailable December 15, 2019 through March 1, 2020. Please do not book the boat during winter months. If you are a K-4th grade group, please book January or February.
- Choose a Program Location.
- Select Program Description to choose programs.
- Select Book at to see available dates and for online booking.
217 Ft. Johnson Rd.
Charleston, SC 29412
15717 Bennett's Point Rd.
Green Pond, SC 29446
Botany Bay Rd.
Edisto Island, SC 29438
Oyster Row Ln.
Edisto Island, SC 29438
Book at Environmental
Do you want a more in-depth program? We offer two different multi-day programs for middle and high school classes. Email MarineEducation@dnr.sc.gov if you would like to schedule one of these for your class. This year we can modify these programs to be virtual.
ACE Basin Climate Explorers is a multi-day program about climate change and how it affects salt marshes and our communities.
King Tides: Flooding the Lowcountry with Plastic focuses on the connections between king tides, coastal flooding, and marine debris.
In-person Homeschool groups book here!
Due to social distancing restrictions, we can only allow a maximum 20 students per day for field trips. Every person will have to wear a mask while on our property following CDC guidelines. You can book a program as an individual family or as an organized group. Registration is required and will open 30 days prior to the program. Space is limited. Please only sign up for one program this fall.
Wednesday, September 9th at Ft Johnson
Wednesday, September 23th at Ft. Johnson
Friday, October 23rd at Botany Bay Plantation
Friday, December 4th at Botany Bay Plantation
If you have difficulty, please email: MarineEducation@dnr.sc.gov