** Archived Article - please check for current information. **
Jan. 30, 2014
Shooting Sports Field Day set for Feb. 8 near Garnett
The S.C. Department of Natural Resources and the South Carolina 4-H program will be conducting a shooting sports field day from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 8 at the Palachucola Shooting Range adjacent to the Webb Wildlife Center near Garnett in Hampton County.
The event will consist of instruction and supervision with a variety of archery and firearm shooting stations2012 Shooting Sports Field Day designed for those interested in learning about shooting sports. For more information on the shooting sports event, call the S.C. Department of Natural Resources (DNR) Webb Wildlife Center, at (803) 625-3569. The field day is ideal for the novice shooter, both youth and adult, interested in learning about shooting and hunting. Shooting experts will provide firearms safety training and individual shooting instruction with shotguns, .22-caliber rifles, air rifles and archery equipment.
Firearms, ammunition, targets and archery equipment will be provided for use free of charge at all of the shooting stations. Participants may bring their own firearms and bows if available, but should not bring ammunition. No centerfire (high-powered) rifles will be allowed at the range on this day. All firearms and bows must be unloaded and cased at all times at the event except when on the ranges.
- Shooting Sports Field Day set for Feb. 8 near Garnett
- Youth deer hunts held on private areas in the Upstate
- Waterfowl Advisory Committee meets Feb. 5 in Columbia
- Beneficial controlled burning to take place in Horry County
- DNR honors Cayce man as Certified Fishing Instructor of the Year
- North Island hog hunts with dogs to remove destructive feral hogs
- 'Longleaf 101' offered at Cheraw State Park Feb. 18-20 for landowners, land managers
- 26th Annual Wild Quail Management Seminar scheduled for March 6-7, 2014
- Camp Wildwood of South Carolina open for 2014 registration
- DNR adds training session for removal of double-crested cormorants on Santee Cooper lakes
- Peachtree Rock topples
- 2013 Environmental Awareness award nominations sought
- Freshwater fishing trends
- Saltwater fishing trends
- S.C. weekly tidetable
- DNR video
- Archived news releases