April 18, 2013
Pro angler Hank Parker to headline May 14 TL Hanna HS fundraiser
The T.L. Hanna Fishing Team is hosting a fish fry with guest speaker Hank Parker on Tuesday May 14. Tickets are $20 and include a fried fish meal made by Hudson’s Catering Company from Lexington, SC. There will also be live music and tickets available for drawing prizes.
Drawing prizes include: Costa sunglasses, a Yeti cooler and custom fishing lures provided by Grady’s Great Outdoors. There will also be silent auction items. Hank Parker has been a professional bass angler since 1978 and won the Bassmaster Classic in 1979 and 1989.
In 2006, he was inducted into the Oudoors Hall of Fame. Hank Parker's TV series "Hank Parker’s Outdoor Magazine" has been national syndicated since 1985. Proceeds for this event will go to support the T.L. Hanna Fishing Team. For tickets, contact Drew Ray at email@example.com.
Interested in forming a bass fishing club at your school? All you need to do is get a minimum of six students (within the 11-18 year old range) with dues paid and you can have a Youth Bass Fishing Club. You'll also need an adult at your school to help lead the club, provide advice and help arrange at least two club tournaments, fundraisers, speakers and other learning sessions pertaining to fishing for club meetings.
The Youth Bass Fishing Clubs is a product of a partnership between the S.C. Department of Natural Resources (DNR), The Bass Federation of South Carolina and B.A.S.S with help and support from parents, teachers, school districts, local bait & tackle shops, community partners and Pure Fishing.
- Natural Resources Board meets April 25 near Gresham
- DNR seeks angler support for cobia research
- Don't adopt a 'lost' fawn, it's illegal and likely not abandoned
- Register now for Lake Hartwell Family Fishing Clinic, Jasper Co. Youth Fishing Rodeo
- State wildlife, fisheries group meets April 23 at Bonneau
- Aiken County wildlife area opens to the public Saturdays in May
- SC, GA DNR's, Army Corps team up for Lake Thurmond striper study
- Successful fall dove hunt depends on planning, preparing fields now
- Two high school share first annual DNR Youth Bass Fishing Championship
- Archery in the Schools state tournament at Palmetto Sportsmen's Classic in Columbia
- DNR completes new regional ocean data layers for the southeast
- Public asked to report sightings of state-endangered swallow-tailed kite
- Bat disease white-nose syndrome confirmed in South Carolina
- Reel Art contest winners announced
- Freshwater fishing trends
- Saltwater fishing trends
- S.C. weekly tidetable
- DNR video
- Archived news releases