** Archived Article - please check for current information. **
October 4, 2012
Applications available for coastal black bear season
Applications for the coastal black bear season (Horry, Georgetown, and Williamsburg counties) are now available online, by stopping by any regional S.C. Department of Natural Resources office or by calling (803)734-3886.
Deadline for application is Nov. 2, 2012. Ten tags will be issued for each county. Hunting bears in the coastal plain is by computer drawing only.
The coastal black bear season is set for Dec. 1-15, 2012. The nonrefundable application fee is $10. Those selected will have to purchase a tag at a cost of $25 for residents and $100 for nonresidents. The tag will only be valid for one of the three counties so applicants should rank the counties in order of preference. Selected hunters will be allowed to hunt on Wildlife Management Areas (WMA) in the county selected but must have a valid WMA permit. Bears may be taken on private lands as long as the hunter has the permission of the landowner or person holding the hunting lease.
- Applications available for coastal black bear season
- DNR re-launches volunteer Marine Gamefish Tagging Program
- New Endangered Species (loggerhead sea turtle) license plate
- Refurbished Kershaw Co. boat ramp dedicated on Wateree River
- SC Drought Committee lowers status for 21 counties
- Proper disposal of deer remains is a rule of good hunter ethics
- DNR honors 2012 Law Enforcement Officers of the Year
- 509-acre Cliff Pitts wildlife area dedicated in Laurens County
- State wildlife, fisheries group meets Oct. 9 at Webb Wildlife Center
- Feeding, baiting deer in black bear range not wise
- DNR hosts Oct. 13 Cheraw youth fishing rodeo, paddle clinic
- DNR, Air Force set youth deer hunt at Poinsett Electronic Combat Range
- Sassafras Mountain improvement project begins atop roof of South Carolina
- Deadline Oct.15 for wood box applications
- Freshwater fishing trends
- Saltwater fishing trends
- S.C. weekly tidetable
- DNR video