** Archived Article - please check for current information. **
July 24, 2012
Abbeville County youth dove hunt applications due Aug. 10
A youth dove hunt, co-sponsored by S.C. Department of Natural Resources and U.S. Forest Service, is scheduled for the opening day of dove season on Saturday, Sept. 1 Abbeville County. Applications for the youth hunt are due by Friday, Aug. 10.
To obtain an application for the Sept. 1 youth dove hunt, contact DNR in Columbia at (803) 734-3886 or visit the DNR website. Applications must be received in the Columbia office by Friday, Aug. 10 to be eligible for the drawing. Participants for the hunt will be selected by drawing, and applicants will receive notification as to whether their hunt party has or has not been selected.
Youth participants must be age 17 or younger and they must be accompanied by an adult 21 years old or older. Adults may bring one but no more than two youth, and only one youth at a time is allowed to shoot. Adults are not allowed to shoot. Youth under the age of 16 are not required to have any license or permit; refer to application for license and permit requirements for adults.
- Video-Loggerhead hatchlings emerge from their nests
- DNR and partners schedule youth deer hunts in Upstate
- Bluefield/Moultrie Hunt Unit youth hunts this fall
- SC Conservation Bank Board meets, issues grant awards
- State Heritage Trust Advisory Board meets Aug. 2 in Columbia
- DNR to host two public meeting on trout regulations on Lower Saluda River
- Abbeville County youth dove hunt applications due Aug. 10
- Clemson youth deer hunt registration ends Sept. 17
- ‘Longleaf, as Far as the Eye Can See’ theme of Longleaf Alliance conference set for Oct. in Texas
- Spaces available for upcoming Family Fishing Clinics
- Drought status maintained for all counties except Barnwell
- Flood insurance community meeting set Aug. 2 in Florence
- DNR to host series of alligator hunting seminars
- Aug. 10 is deadline to apply for opening day Youth Draw Dove Hunts
- Aug. 10 is deadline to apply for Limited Entry Dove Hunts
- Video - Drink. Drive. Die?
- Freshwater fishing trends
- Saltwater fishing trends
- S.C. weekly tidetable
- DNR video