** Archived Article - please check for current information. **
July 6, 2012
SC Drought Response Committee conference call on July 19
The S.C. Department of Natural Resources will conduct a South Carolina Drought Response Committee conference call on Thursday, July 19, at 10 a.m. The purpose of the drought conference call is to evaluate the drought status statewide. The committee will review climatic data, streamflow and lake level data, and drought impacts.
Abbeville, McCormick, Edgefield and Aiken counties are in severe drought. Oconee, Pickens, Anderson, Saluda, Greenwood, Greenville, Newberry, Laurens and Lexington counties are in moderate drought and all other counties are at the incipient level of drought.
Instructions for participating in the call are as follows:
- Dial-in Number: 1-626-677-3000
- Participant Access Code: 2697018
Contact South Carolina State Climatologist Hope Mizzell in Columbia at (803) 530-5793 or e-mail at email@example.com for more information.
- SC Drought Response Committee conference call on July 19
- Third Round Results from the SC Governor’s Cup Billfishing Series
- Aug. 10 is deadline to apply for opening day Youth Draw Dove Hunts
- Aug. 10 is deadline to apply for Limited Entry Dove Hunts
- New fishing agreement between Georgia, South Carolina took effect July 1
- State wildlife, fisheries group meets July 11 at Table Rock State Park
- Waterfowl Advisory Committee meets July 10 in Columbia
- New DNR website on in-water sea turtle research activities
- Plant fields now for fall mourning dove hunts
- Video - Drink. Drive. Die?
- DNR continues to add fishing clinics around the state
- Freshwater fishing trends
- Saltwater fishing trends
- S.C. weekly tidetable
- DNR video