Saltwater Fishing Trends - Dec. 18
Fishing trends courtesy www.SCFishingReport.com. Check the site for recent updates and detailed reports.
- Cherry Grove Pier reports that a lot of small croaker and some silver perch, whiting and undersized black drum are being caught off the pier.
- Nearshore: Perry’s reports that with a recent run of menhaden just off the beaches some cobia have been caught close in. Spanish mackerel continue to be caught at the 3 Mile Reef as well as flounder, weakfish and bull red drum. King Mackerel have been caught at Belkie Bear.
- Folly Beach Pier reports that whiting, rays and sharks have been the main catch as well as some black drum.
- The Charleston Angler reports some results for trout on a prototype Z-Man Trout Trick, but when the tide goes slack, fishing slows.
- Spottail Bass: Good. Bay Street Outfitters reports that redfish are fairly schooled up on the flats, although they are still chasing some shrimp and other baits. They are happy to eat. On low tides there has been some good sight-casting activity, and on higher tides fish often remain schooled up and they are readily taking shrimp under a popping cork.