South Carolina State Water Assessment
Andrew Wachob, A. Drennan Park, and Roy Newcome, Jr.
The South Carolina State Water Assessment provides an overview of and a general reference for the quantity, quality, availability, and use of water in South Carolina. Nine chapters address general and specific topics and water-resource conditions in the State's 15 subbasins. This report is an update to the first South Carolina State Water Assessment, which was published by the South Carolina Water Resources Commission in 1983. At this time, hard-copy versions of this report are not available.
or view or download PDF files of individual chapters:
- Introduction - Table of Contents (Adobe PDF - file size 3.9MB)
- Chapter 1 - SC in Perspective (Adobe PDF - file size 2.3MB)
- Chapter 2 - Water Law (Adobe PDF - file size 1MB)
- Chapter 3 - South Carolina's Water Resources (Adobe PDF - file size 16.3MB)
- Chapter 4 - Water Use (Adobe PDF - file size 3MB)
- Chapter 5 - Pee Dee River Basin (Adobe PDF - file size 8MB)
- Chapter 6 - Santee River Basin (Adobe PDF - file size 8.3MB)
- Chapter 7 - ACE River Basin (Adobe PDF - file size 7.1MB)
- Chapter 8 - Savannah River Basin (Adobe PDF - file size 5.3MB)
- Chapter 9 - Special Topics (Adobe PDF - file size 5.1MB)
- Chapter 10 - References (Adobe PDF - file size 721KB)
The above files are provided in the Adobe® Acrobat® (PDF) format. Adobe® Reader® is required to open these files and is available as a free download from the Adobe® Web site.