SCDNR News Updates
Introducing two brand new blogs from the S.C. Department of Natural Resources – read on for behind-the-scenes outdoors and conservation stories from the Appalachians to the Atlantic.
- Shellfish season set to open Sept. 28
9.17.19 | 4:49 p.m.
- National Hunting and Fishing Day celebration set for Sept. 28 near Seneca
9.6.19 | 2:20 p.m.
- SCDNR Law Enforcement Advisory Committee gets new chairman
8.30.19 | 11:20 a.m.
- Section of Jocassee road to remain closed until November
8.27.19 | 10:19 a.m.
- South Carolina archaeology project receives grant from National Endowment for Humanities
8.14.19 | 16:11 p.m.
- South Carolina migratory waterfowl seasons set for 2019-2020
8.6.19 | 8:56 a.m.
- Black skimmers and other nesting shorebirds need your help!
8.2.19 | 1:30 p.m.
- SCDNR solicits drought condition reports from South Carolina farmers
7.31.19 | 2:45 p.m.
- South Carolina mourning dove season to open September 2
7.23.19 | 10:21 a.m.
- Some longleaf pine trees are shedding needles early this year
7.17.19 | 4:35 p.m.
- "Recovering America's Wildlife Act" re-introduced in Congress
7.12.19 | 11:01 a.m.
- SCDNR officers searching for missing boater on Lake Wylie
7.5.19 | 2:30 p.m.
- Tugboat added to Vermilion Reef off Georgetown
7.3.19 | 1:08 p.m.
- Man charged in connection to Horry County boating accident
7.3.19 | 1:30 p.m.
- Weigh in on the future of cobia in the Southeast
6.25.19 | 3:30 p.m.
- Richland County gets new rifle and pistol range
6.25.19 | 8:31 a.m.
- Public invited to meeting on Lake Hartwell striped bass management programs
6.14.19 | 4:15 p.m.
- Statewide deer harvest increases in 2018
6.7.19 | 11:53 a.m.
- Shrimp season opens May 29 with encouraging forecast
5.30.19 | 10:56 a.m.
- Look out for manatees as they return to coastal waters
5.24.19 | 2:00 p.m.
- Public invited to meeting on Lake Thurmond striped bass management programs
5.21.19 | 11:20 a.m.
- SCDNR courtesy boat inspections set during Memorial Day weekend
5.17.19 | 11:53 a.m.
- SCDNR Board appoints interim director
5.16.19 | 2:12 p.m.
- Small dam scheduled to be removed from Columbia-area creek
5.15.19 | 4:30 p.m.
- South Carolina continues to report largest number of wintering orioles fifth year in a row
5.3.19 | 8:01 a.m.
- S.C. high school students compete in 23rd annual Envirothon
5.2.19 | 10:41 a.m.
- New Record Annual Rainfall Total Set in South Carolina
5.2.19 | 10:18 a.m.
- Smaller alligators may not necessitate a nuisance call
5.1.19 | 14:36 a.m.
- Public alligator hunting applications available online May 1
4.30.19 | 9:46 a.m.
- SCDNR Law Enforcement Division Major promoted to Lieutenant Colonel
4.29.19 | 2:50 p.m.
- SCDNR says take down birdfeeders if a black bear is visiting your neighborhood
4.29.19 | 1:10 p.m.
- A surprising start to sea turtle season
4.26.19 | 3:14 p.m.
- Section of Jocassee Gorges road closed due to landslides
4.26.19 | 2:50 p.m.
- Biologists tracking cobia with satellite tags
4.25.19 | 3:50 p.m.
- What you should do if you come across a snake this year
4.25.19 | 8:17 a.m.
- SCDNR preserve manager named to International Association of Wildland Fire board of directors
4.16.19 | 3:08 p.m.
- South Carolina Wildlife magazine unveils new design
4.16.19 | 3:08 p.m.
- Shellfish harvesting season to close May 31
4.13.19 | 2:48 p.m.
- Digital preliminary flood maps for Tyger Watershed ready for public viewing
4.8.19 | 1:47 p.m.
- SCDNR Wildlife Technician of the Year announced
4.28.19 | 9:11 a.m.
- Turkey hunters asked to participate in survey
4.12.19 | 4:08 p.m.
- Turkey Tags have been mailed!
4.5.19 | 9:18 a.m.
- Aquatic Plant Management Council meets April 9 in Chesnee
4.2.19 | 12:00 p.m.
- Archived News Releases