SCDNR News Updates
Introducing two brand new blogs from the S.C. Department of Natural Resources – read on for behind-the-scenes outdoors and conservation stories from the Appalachians to the Atlantic.
- Turkey Season Legislative & Regulatory Changes starting in 2020
2.7.20 | 2:34 p.m.
- SCDNR Board re-elects Hutchins Vice-Chairman for another term
1.21.20 | 3:54 p.m.
- Thousands of trout to be stocked in Saluda River near Columbia
1.17.20 | 11:30 p.m.
- S.C. Aquatic Plant Management Council to meet January 22 in Clinton
1.16.20 | 2:36 p.m.
- Statewide Mobile Irrigation Laboratory pilot project announced at Florence expo
1.15.20 | 2:28 p.m.
- Investigation into injured possum inconclusive
1.15.20 | 3:02 p.m.
- SCDNR to survey and test South Carolina caves and mines for deadly bat disease
1.8.20 | 5:22 p.m.
- SCDNR investigating deadly New Year's Day hunting incident
1.3.20 | 4:00 p.m.
- Drought conditions statewide continue to improve
12.4.19 | 10:15 a.m.
- S.C. Aquatic Plant Management Council will meet December 3rd in Moncks Corner
11.26.19 | 2:15 p.m.
- SCDNR staff remove graffiti from historic Upstate bridge
11.26.19 | 4:15 p.m.
- Changes to county property tax collections will impact SC boat owners beginning in 2020
11.25.19 | 1:40 p.m.
- The difference between wild and domestic turkeys
11.25.19 | 3:33 p.m.
- S.C. Department of Natural Resources names new director
11.21.19 | 2:51 p.m.
- Return of nesting birds to Crab Bank Seabird Sanctuary one step closer
11.13.19 | 5:15 p.m.
- Former SCDNR Director honored by Southeastern Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies
11.5.19 | 11:50 a.m.
- Wanted: local stakeholders to guide water planning in South Carolina’s Edisto River Basin
11.1.19 | 5:30 p.m.
- Seabird nesting season update for 2019
10.29.19 | 4:01 p.m.
- Registration now open for Camp Wildwood, South Carolina’s conservation leadership camp
10.18.19 | 10:01 a.m.
- South Carolina Drought Response Committee maintains drought status for most counties
10.17.19 | 3:01 p.m.
- Drivers should watch for deer on state roads
10.16.19 | 4:56 p.m.
- Governor's office recognizes Bat Week in South Carolina
10.15.19 | 1:56 p.m.
- All-time antler records update now available
10.3.19 | 11:52 a.m.
- Bear hunting opportunities expand in the Upstate
10.4.19 | 8:54 a.m.
- Bonnethead sharks subject of newly funded research
10.3.19 | 8:27 a.m.
- Tips for properly and ethically disposing of deer remains
9.25.19 | 10:02 a.m.
- Archived News Releases