** Archived Article - please check for current information. **
June 26, 2013
Register now for Family Fishing Clinics
The S.C. Department of Natural Resources (DNR) is conducting a series of Family Fishing Clinics throughout the summer. Make sure to sign up as these clinics fill up quickly.
Dates and locations as follows:
* July 9 - Camp Gravatt - 9 a.m. to 12 noon
* July 13 - Dreher Island State Park - 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
* July 27 - Dreher Island State Park - 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
* August 3 - Sun City Carolina Lakes Pavilion - 9 a.m. to 12 noon
* August 17 - Dreher Island State Park - 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
* August 31 - Dreher Island State Park - 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Want to get your line in the water and reel in the big one, but you don't feel confident with your angling skills? Family Fishing Clinics is an introductory class to fishing. The clinics are sponsored by the DNR Aquatic Education Section and are designed to introduce the basics of fishing to the young and old or those who need a refresher to increase their future participation in the sport.
Family Fishing Clinics teach skills on how to tie a fishing knot, rig a rod and reel, and casting. The best part is everyone will get to try their hand at fishing. Family Fishing Clinics are free of charge. Register online or for more information regarding an upcoming Family Fishing Clinic event or to host an event, please contact Lorianne Riggin, firstname.lastname@example.org or (803) 737-8483.
- DNR courtesy boating inspections for June 29, July 4 holiday
- 4th of July marks Free Fishing Day in South Carolina
- Register now for Family Fishing Clinics
- Commercial license needed to sell pen-reared quail
- Growing-season burns a natural ecological process in South Carolina
- Waterfowl Advisory Committee meets July 10 at Broad River Waterfowl Area
- State wildlife, fisheries group meets July 9 in Columbia
- Renew your state hunting and fishing license
- Volunteers needed to participate in the summer turkey survey
- New fishing pier at Knowles Island Pier, Jasper County
- Now is the time to plant fields for fall mourning dove hunts
- Freshwater fishing trends
- Saltwater fishing trends
- S.C. weekly tidetable
- DNR video
- Archived news releases