February 28, 2013
Even more dates added to Family Fishing Clinics
Dates for the popular Family Fishing Clinics are continually being added by the S.C. Department of Natural Resources (DNR). Make sure to sign up as the classes fill up quickly!
Want to get your line in the water and reel in the big one, but you don't feel confident with your angling skills? Family Fishing Clinics is an introductory class to fishing.
The clinics are sponsored by the DNR Aquatic Education Section and are designed to introduce the basics of fishing to the young and old or those who need a refresher to increase their future participation in the sport. Family Fishing Clinics teach skills on how to tie a fishing knot, rig a rod and reel, and casting. The best part is everyone will get to try their hand at fishing. Family Fishing Clinics are free of charge.
Register online and for more information regarding an upcoming Family Fishing Clinic event or to host an event, please contact Lorianne Riggin, email@example.com or (803) 737-8483.
The new scheduled clinics are as follows:
* March 17 - 9:30 a.m. to 12 noon - Wannamaker County Park (N. Charleston)
* April 13 - 9:30 a.m. to 12 noon - Lexington Wildlife Chapter (Wildlife Road off of Barr Road in Lexington)
The following dates are still open for registration:
* April 6 - 8:30 a.m. to 12 noon - Lake Rabon (SC Highway 252, west of Laurens)
* April 27 – 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. - Lake Hartwell State Park
* May 25 – 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. – Lee State Park
- Archaeological excavations open at Great Pee Dee March 11
- DNR hosts series of youth fishing rodeos around the state
- Contact DNR to hunt hogs, coyotes, and armadillos at night
- SC artificial reef GPS data now available for download
- Aiken County wildlife area opens to the public four Saturdays in March
- Even more dates added to Family Fishing Clinics
- 4,623 sea turtle nests reported for 2012 season
- Harry Hampton Wildlife Fund donates $167,850 to DNR
- S.C. Wildlife’s 29th annual outdoor photo contest accepting entries
- Antler measuring sessions set across South Carolina
- Palmetto Sportsmen's Classic set for March 22-24 at State Fairgrounds in Columbia
- Camp Wildwood of South Carolina open for 2013 registration
- Freshwater fishing trends
- Saltwater fishing trends
- S.C. weekly tidetable
- DNR video