** Archived Article - please check for current information. **
April 4, 2013
Ask Questions of Our Experts on Facebook on April 19
The Ask a S.C. Department of Natural Resources (DNR) Expert series allows our Facebook fans to get answers to your questions about your favorite topics. During each session, DNR employees will go onto the DNR Facebook page and answer as many questions as possible in an hour. We will host different experts about different topics from all of the divisions at different times during the year. All topics, times and experts are subject to change.
The latest round gets underway at 12 noon until 1p.m. on April 19 with the topic of "Freshwater Fishing in South Carolina." Answering questions this session will be Ross Self, Chief of Freshwater Fisheries along with a member of DNR Law Enforcement.
Participation requires a free Facebook user account. Visit and "Like" DNR on Facebook. You can e-mail questions before the talk to email@example.com or post questions on DNR's Facebook wall during the talk. Please use the comment feature under the expert's post instead of starting a new post. The expert will answer as many questions as possible in the time frame. All questions during the conversation should be related to the topic and field of expertise.
Some of the upcoming topics include:
- DNR State Lakes
- Wild hogs, where do we go from here?
Find the DNR Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/pages/South-Carolina-Department-of-Natural-Resources/49096224094
- Successful fall dove hunt depends on planning, preparing fields now
- Two high school share first annual DNR Youth Bass Fishing Championship
- Archery in the Schools state tournament at Palmetto Sportsmen's Classic in Columbia
- DNR continues to add dates to youth fishing rodeos around the state
- DNR completes new regional ocean data layers for the southeast
- National Flood Safety Awareness Week March 18-22
- Public asked to report sightings of state-endangered swallow-tailed kite
- Bat disease white-nose syndrome confirmed in South Carolina
- S.C. Senate confirms Glenn McFadden as new DNR Board member
- Spring turkey season forecast good, youth day March 30
- March Madness is underway for weather observation
- Reel Art contest winners announced
- Freshwater fishing trends
- Saltwater fishing trends
- S.C. weekly tidetable
- DNR video
- Archived news releases