** Archived Article - please check for current information. **
March 20, 2012
Public invited to Family Fishing Clinics
Have you ever been fishing or has it been a long time since you ‘wet’ your line? If you are intimidated by how to tie a Palomar knot or proper casting techniques for all situations, then we have a class for you. Family Fishing Clinics is an introductory class to fishing.
The clinics are sponsored by the S.C. Department of Natural Resources Aquatic Education Section and are designed to introduce the basics of fishing to the young and old or those who need a refresher to the basics of fishing to increase their future participation in the sport. Family Fishing Clinics will teach skills on how to tie fishing knots, how to rig a rod and reel, casting and the best part is everyone will get to try their hand at fishing. Participants will learn how and where to fish and have someone to fish with to become confident anglers. Family Fishing Clinics are free of charge.
Register online and for more information regarding an upcoming Family Fishing Clinic event or to host an event, please contact Lorianne Riggin, firstname.lastname@example.org or (803) 737-8483.
The scheduled clinics are as follows:
- April 21 – 10 a.m. to Noon - Sergeant Jasper County Park (Jasper Co.)
- April 28 – 12 noon to – 2 p.m. - Devils Fork State Park (Oconee Co.)
- April 29 – 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. - Camp Gravatt (Aiken Co.)
- May 19 – 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. - Oconee State Park (Oconee Co.)
- June 5 – 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. - Cohen Campbell Fish Hatchery (Lexington Co.)
- June 7 – 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. - Cohen Campbell Fish Hatchery (Lexington Co.)
- Public invited to Family Fishing Clinics
- What can be done to control coyotes?
- T.L. Hanna sweeps Youth Bass Fishing Clubs Lake Hartwell tournament
- Brushy ditch banks, weedy field borders are beneficial to wildlife around farms
- T.L. Hanna High School anglers assist with FLW Tour Hartwell weigh-in
- Jocassee Gorges roads in Oconee County to open late due to prescribed burning
- Boardwalk at Dungannon Plantation closed to protect nesting wood storks
- Reel Art contest winners announced
- March Madness…for weather observation
- DNR seeks help in updating list of wildlife rehabbers
- Spring turkey hunters should order tags now for upcoming season
- Camp Wildwood of South Carolina open for 2012 registration
- Freshwater fishing trends
- Saltwater fishing trends
- S.C. weekly tidetable
- DNR video