** Archived Article - please check for current information. **
February 17, 2012
S.C. Drought Committee to meet in Columbia on March 8
The S.C. Department of Natural Resources will convene the South Carolina Drought Response Committee on Thursday, March 8, 2012, at 10 a.m. The meeting will be held at the S.C. Forestry Commission's Large Conference Room (parking located in the back), 5500 Broad River Road in Columbia.
The purpose of the March meeting is to review the longer-term drought impacts that have resulted due to the overall dry winter pattern and to evaluate the status of conditions leading into Spring and Summer when demand and evaporation increase. Get more information on drought at the South Carolina State Climatology Office.
Contact South Carolina State Climatologist Hope Mizzell in Columbia at (803) 530-5793 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Spring turkey hunters should order tags now for upcoming season
- Adult-youth fishing open at Bonneau Ferry
- Remember bats are mammals that should be protected
- Thermal thinning and pruning with prescribed fire benefits longleaf pine stands
- Eighth Eastern Native Grass Symposium set Oct. 1-4, 2012 in Charlottesville, Va.
- Spring turkey season forecast fair; youth day March 31
- Renowned herpetologist featured at Palmetto Sportsmen's Classic March 23-25
- Archaeological excavations open at Great Pee Dee March 5
- Three states add bass fishing as high school varsity sport: Will S.C. follow suit?
- Harry Hampton Wildlife Fund donates $104,050 to DNR
- Aiken County wildlife area will open to the public four Saturdays in March
- Prescribed burns planned at Forty Acre Rock Preserve in Lancaster County
- Camp Wildwood of South Carolina open for 2012 registration
- Freshwater fishing trends
- Saltwater fishing trends
- S.C. weekly tidetable
- DNR video