** Archived Article - please check for current information. **
July 16, 2012
DNR to host series of alligator hunting seminars
DNR will conduct a series of alligator hunting seminars for the public alligator hunt participants, hunting assistants and other interested persons. These seminars will cover such topics as alligator capture and handling techniques, rules and regulations, alligator hunting equipment, processing, and other helpful information.
Interested alligator hunting equipment manufacturers and retailers are invited to attend to display and demonstrate their equipment in conjunction with the seminars. DNR does not endorse any type, brand, or make of such equipment. Any vendor should plan on bringing their own tables, set-ups, or displays as dedicated space or tables may not be available. On-premises sales are restricted at certain sites and vendor space may be limited or restricted to outside, so all interested vendors should first check and pre-register with DNR at (803) 734-3886.
Tentative alligator seminar dates:
- Aug. 11 - 10 a.m. - Berkeley County - Santee Cooper Auditorium, 1 Riverwood Drive, Moncks Corner, SC 29461
- TBD - Columbia area
- Sept. 1 - 10 a.m. - Greenville County - University Center of Greenville (old McAlister Square Shopping Center building) 225 S. Pleasantburg Drive, Greenville, SC 29607 (On Hwy 291 near US 276 (Laurens Rd.) near I-385)
Please check back as dates and times may be subject to change.
- S.C. Natural Resources Board meets July 25 at Edisto Island State Park
- Fourth round results reported from S.C. Governor’s Cup Billfishing Series
- Drought status maintained for all counties except Barnwell
- South Carolina Conservation Bank Board to meet July 24 in Columbia
- Flood insurance community meeting set Aug. 2 in Florence
- Longleaf pine trees shedding needles is normal this time of year
- SC Drought Response Committee conference call on July 19
- Third Round Results from the SC Governor’s Cup Billfishing Series
- Aug. 10 is deadline to apply for opening day Youth Draw Dove Hunts
- Aug. 10 is deadline to apply for Limited Entry Dove Hunts
- New fishing agreement between Georgia, South Carolina took effect July 1
- DNR courtesy boating inspections continue through July 4 holiday
- State wildlife, fisheries group meets July 11 at Table Rock State Park
- Waterfowl Advisory Committee meets July 10 in Columbia
- New DNR website on in-water sea turtle research activities
- Plant fields now for fall mourning dove hunts
- Video - Drink. Drive. Die?
- DNR continues to add fishing clinics around the state
- Freshwater fishing trends
- Saltwater fishing trends
- S.C. weekly tidetable
- DNR video