** Archived Article - please check for current information. **
January 19, 2012
Jan. 20 deadline for comments on DNR comprehensive deer management recommendations
The S.C. Department of Natural Resources (DNR) governing board adopted revisions to the comprehensive deer management recommendations in December 2011. DNR seeks public comment on these revisions and technical wording through midnight, Jan. 20, 2012.
DNR staff has developed the technical wording that would be necessary to make adjustments to the current laws in order to put the deer management recommendations in place. DNR seeks public comment on these revisions and technical wording.
Proposed Legislation (Pdf file)
Overview of Comprehensive Deer Management Recommendations
All comments can be submitted to Amanda Stroud, public information director for Wildlife and Freshwater Fisheries at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Commercial shad, herring fishing gearing up
- Waterfowl Advisory Committee meets Feb. 7 in Columbia
- North American bat death toll exceeds 5 million from white-nose syndrome
- Youth coon hunt to be held in Rock Hill on Saturday, Jan. 28
- Wildlife and Sport Fish Restoration program marks 75 years of wildlife conservation, partnership
- Night Sky in the Lowcountry Educational opportunity available
- Camp Wildwood of South Carolina open for 2012 registration
- Youth Federal Waterfowl days set for Feb. 4-5
- New website provides detailed information on South Carolina Colonially Nesting Wading Birds
- Draft 2012 Aquatic Plant Management Plan available for public review, comment
- 25th Annual Wild Quail Management Seminar scheduled for March 8-9, 2012
- North Island hog hunts with dogs to remove destructive feral hogs
- Freshwater fishing trends
- Saltwater fishing trends
- S.C. weekly tidetable
- DNR video