** Archived Article - please check for current information. **
January 9, 2012
DNR seeking additional public comment on comprehensive deer management recommendations
The S.C. Department of Natural Resources (DNR) governing board adopted revisions to the comprehensive deer management recommendations in December 2011.
DNR staff has developed the technical wording that would be necessary to make adjustments to the current laws in order to put the deer management recommendations in place. DNR seeks public comment on these revisions and technical wording.
Proposed Legislation (Pdf file)
Overview of Comprehensive Deer Management Recommendations
All comments can be submitted to Amanda Stroud, public information director for Wildlife and Freshwater Fisheries at firstname.lastname@example.org. Comments will be accepted through midnight, January 20, 2012.
- New website provides detailed information on South Carolina Colonially Nesting Wading Birds
- Draft 2012 Aquatic Plant Management Plan available for public review, comment
- South Carolina 2011 weather in review
- 25th Annual Wild Quail Management Seminar scheduled for March 8-9, 2012
- North Island hog hunts with dogs to remove destructive feral hogs
- Take precautions to avoid hypothermia
- Let Christmas trees benefit fish and wildlife after the holidays
- Standing dead trees—snags—benefit many animal species
- Freshwater fishing trends
- Saltwater fishing trends
- S.C. weekly tidetable
- DNR video