August 24, 2012
S.C. Natural Resources Board meets Aug. 27 in Columbia
The S.C. Natural Resources Board, the policy making body of the S.C. Department of Natural Resources, will meet at 2 p.m. Monday, Aug. 27 in Room 335 (board room) of the Rembert C. Dennis Building located at 1000 Assembly St. in Columbia.
Board meetings are open to the public and anyone with business for the board or needing directions to the meeting should contact the S.C. Department of Natural Resources Columbia office at (803) 734-9102. Johnny Evans of Orangeburg is chairman of the S.C. Natural Resources Board.
A single item is scheduled on the agenda for the S.C. Natural Resources Board meeting:
- Set the 2012-2013 waterfowl season
- 'Keep Light’s Out for Loggerheads'
- New U.S. Army Corps of Engineers permit streamlines maintenance of managed rice tidal fields
- Import of deer, elk parts into S.C. still limited by state regulation
- Deer season forecast good
- Jocassee Gorges roads to open Sept. 14
- 24th Annual Beach Sweep/River Sweep Set for Sept. 15
- Boardwalk at Dungannon Plantation Heritage Preserve reopened
- Aiken County wildlife area opens to public on Saturdays in September
- Forty-two fields available for public dove hunting
- Early-season migratory bird seasons approved by S.C. Natural Resources Board
- Upstate mobility impaired deer hunts to be conducted by DNR again this fall
- Video-Loggerhead hatchlings emerge from their nests
- DNR and partners schedule youth deer hunts in Upstate
- Bluefield/Moultrie Hunt Unit youth hunts this fall
- Clemson youth deer hunt registration ends Sept. 17
- Video - Drink. Drive. Die?
- Freshwater fishing trends
- Saltwater fishing trends
- S.C. weekly tidetable
- DNR video