** Archived Article - please check for current information. **
Oct. 5, 2011
Public invited to Family Fishing Clinic in Chesterfield County on Oct. 12
A Family Fishing Clinic is scheduled from 4 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. on Oct. 12 at the Cheraw Fish Hatchery. The clinic is free, but pre-registration is required. Class is limited to 25 participants.
The clinic is sponsored by the S.C. Department of Natural Resources Aquatic Education Section and is designed to introduce the basics of fishing to the young and old or those who need a refresher to the basics of fishing to increase their future participation in the sport. Family Fishing Clinics will teach skills on how to tie fishing knots, how to rig a rod and reel, casting and the best part is everyone will get to try their hand at fishing. Participants will learn how and where to fish and have someone to fish with to become confident anglers.
All ages are welcome, so come out and play, enjoy the outdoors and make this a family fun day!
Register for the clinic online, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (803) 737-8483.
- 4,011 sea turtle nests observed during 2011 season
- Drought Response Committee maintains all counties as moderate
- DNR conducting study of apprentice hunting licenses
- DNR revises comprehensive deer management recommendations
- Deer hunting returns to Bonneau Ferry WMA
- S.C. Natural Resources Board meets Oct. 5 in Columbia
- State wildlife, fisheries group meets Oct. 11 in Columbia
- Family Fishing Clinic scheduled for Chesterfield County residents on Oct. 12
- Longleaf pine trees shedding needles is normal this time of year
- Share the spirit of discovery in October during S.C. Archaeology Month
- DNR honors 2011 Law Enforcement Officers of the Year
- Angler breaks 23-year-old state record for hogfish
- Volunteer instructors sought for new Family Fishing Clinics
- Results from 2011 Wood Stork surveys, nest monitoring
- Proper disposal of deer remains is a rule of good hunter ethics
- Freshwater fishing trends
- Saltwater fishing trends
- S.C. weekly tidetable
- DNR video