** Archived Article - please check for current information. **
Sept. 22, 2011
SC Drought Response Committee conference call, Sept. 29, 1:30 p.m.
The S.C. Department of Natural Resources will conduct a South Carolina Drought Response Committee conference call on Thursday, Sept. 29 at 1:30 p.m. The purpose of the drought conference call is to evaluate the drought status statewide. The committee will review climatic data, streamflow and lake level data, and drought impacts.
Contact South Carolina State Climatologist Hope Mizzell in Columbia at (803) 530-5793 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
All counties are currently in the moderate stage of drought. For more information go to the State Climatology drought page.
- 4,011 sea turtle nests observed during 2011 season
- DNR revises comprehensive deer management recommendations
- Deer hunting returns to Bonneau Ferry WMA
- State wildlife, fisheries group meets Oct. 11 in Columbia
- Family Fishing Clinic scheduled for Chesterfield County residents on Oct. 12
- Longleaf pine trees shedding needles is normal this time of year
- Share the spirit of discovery in October during S.C. Archaeology Month
- DNR honors 2011 Law Enforcement Officers of the Year
- Angler breaks 23-year-old state record for hogfish
- SC Drought Response Committee conference call, Sept. 29, 1:30 p.m.
- Volunteer instructors sought for new Family Fishing Clinics
- Results from 2011 Wood Stork surveys, nest monitoring
- Upstate National Hunting and Fishing Day Oct. 1 at Duke's World of Energy
- Proper disposal of deer remains is a rule of good hunter ethics
- Freshwater fishing trends
- Saltwater fishing trends
- S.C. weekly tidetable
- DNR video