** Archived Article - please check for current information. **
Oct. 4, 2011
2nd Annual Berkley/Sebile Big Bass Lake Murray Challenge on Oct. 22
The 2nd Annual Berkley/Sebile Big Bass Lake Murray Challenge is set for Oct. 22 at Billy Dreher Island State Park.
The competition day consists of six one-hour periods where anglers can weigh-in their single largest fish. Each hour an angler can bring one fish to the scales to try and stay in the running for a chance to receive one of the five, hourly cash awards.
Over $18,000 in cash and prizes will be awarded during the event, which includes the hourly prizes and a grand prize of $5000 – guaranteed payouts regardless of field size. The exclusive aspect of this tournament is that only Berkley/Sebile baits can be used during the challenge. The first 100 anglers who register will receive a Sebile Magic Swimmer bait.
The Berkley Experience trailer, a 60-foot event center, will be on site from Friday at 2 p.m. until the final weigh-in and awards on Saturday. The trailer features interactive presentation screens, educational seminars on line selection, reel maintenance, rod selection and selecting the right bait, a knot tying station and competition, bait demonstration tanks and many other fun elements designed to help the angers Catch More Fish. The Experience trailer will also have a good selection of Berkley baits for sale, if anglers have not already stocked up for the tournament.
Get more information, rules and event particulars>>>
The S.C. Department of Natural Resources (DNR) has partnered with Pure Fishing, the parent company of Berkley/Sebile, on numerous events over the years including the Natural Resource School program and DNR will be onsite for the duration of the tournament with a booth on SC Reel Kids.
- Future management of sheepshead fishery to be discussed at public meeting series
- Feeding, baiting deer in black bear range not wise
- Coastal Explorations Series offers fall opportunities in Lowcountry
- Deer Management meeting set for Oct. 18 in Edgefield
- Abbeville High School Panther Fishing Team conducts inaugural Bass Fishing League tournament
- Dixie Hornet Anglers kick off Bass Fishing League season on Lake Secession
- 2nd Annual Berkley/Sebile Big Bass Lake Murray Challenge on Oct. 22
- 4,011 sea turtle nests observed during 2011 season
- Drought Response Committee maintains all counties as moderate
- DNR conducting study of apprentice hunting licenses
- DNR revises comprehensive deer management recommendations
- Share the spirit of discovery in October during S.C. Archaeology Month
- Freshwater fishing trends
- Saltwater fishing trends
- S.C. weekly tidetable
- DNR video