** Archived Article - please check for current information. **
March 23, 2011
Purchasing DNR surplus equipment now easier than ever
The S.C. Department of Natural Resources, in an effort to streamline services and make purchasing surplus equipment easier, has now moved to online auctions through the S.C. Budget and Control Board - Surplus Property Office. Surplus items such as vehicles, boats, outboard motors, all-terrain vehicles and other equipment will be offered for auction.
Items will be continuously added according the S.C. Department of Natural Resources (DNR) needs.
Visit the following websites for the latest information on auctions and surplus sales: http://www.admin.sc.gov/generalservices/surplus and www.govdeals.com/index.cfm.
The Surplus Property Office is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. and is located at 1441 Boston Avenue, West Columbia. For information call (803) 896-6880.
- Purchasing DNR surplus equipment now easier than ever
- Dispose of unwanted marine equipment at Charleston-area Clean Marine April 8-10
- South Carolina Wildlife magazine recognized as 2010 Notable State Documents
- General Assembly recognizes Kershaw County high school for shooting sports
- Adult/youth fishing open at Bonneau Ferry through Oct. 31
- Wild hogs remain a concern in South Carolina
- Reel Art contest winners announced
- Brushy ditch banks, weedy field borders benefits farm wildlife
- S.C. Youth Raccoon Hunting Championship held in Lowcountry
- Jocassee Gorges roads in Oconee County to open late due to prescribed burning
- 13-year cicadas expected to return to Midlands, Upstate in late April
- Spring turkey hunters should order tags now for upcoming season
- Palmetto Sportsmen’s Classic set March 25-27 at State Fairgrounds in Columbia
- Check-Off for DNR, wildlife when doing state taxes
- Antler scoring sessions set across South Carolina
- Aiken County wildlife area will open to the public three Saturdays in March
- Freshwater fishing trends
- Saltwater fishing trends
- S.C. weekly tidetable
- DNR video