** Archived Article - please check for current information. **
July 7, 2011
Time to renew, purchase state hunting, fishing licenses
There are now more ways than ever to apply in time to receive your new recreational hunting and fishing licenses. S.C. Department of Natural Resources (DNR) recreational licenses issued for the current year expired June 30 and the new license year began July 1.
Hunters and anglers can use the DNR online licensing site to apply for temporary, annual and 3-year licenses. Applicants can print their license from their in home computer following payment confirmation.
Hunters and anglers can also obtain licenses at one of over 500 local license vendors. A list of local license vendors can be found on the DNR website or call the License Office at (803) 734-3833 Mon-Fri 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m..
Hunters and anglers can obtain licenses by calling a toll free number at 1-866-714-3611. This service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week including holidays.
- Keep an eye out for South Carolina’s snakes moving around in summertime
- Valuable species shortleaf pine to be topic of annual conference later this year
- Time to renew, purchase state hunting, fishing licenses
- Santee Cooper Striped Bass recovery in progress
- Volunteers needed for Summer Turkey Survey
- Federal review finds endangered species protection may be warranted for two S.C. bat species
- State antler records remain at high level this year
- New state records for scamp, queen triggerfish
- Bag limit changes approved for Atlantic black seas bass
- Rehabilitated Loggerhead recaptured near Charleston a year after release
- Statewide deer harvest decreases in 2010
- Freshwater fishing trends
- Saltwater fishing trends
- S.C. weekly tidetable
- DNR video