** Archived Article - please check for current information. **
January 13, 2011
S.C. Drought Committee to meet in Columbia on Feb. 3
The S.C. Department of Natural Resources will convene the South Carolina Drought Response Committee on Thursday, Feb. 3, 2011, at 1 p.m. The meeting will be held at the S.C. Forestry Commission's Large Conference Room (parking located in the back), 5500 Broad River Road in Columbia.
The purpose of the drought meeting is to evaluate the drought status statewide. The committee will review climatic data, streamflow and lake level data, and drought impacts. Thirty-seven counties are currently in the first stage of drought. More information on drought at the South Carolina State Climatology Office.
Contact South Carolina State Climatologist Hope Mizzell in Columbia at (803) 530-5793 or e-mail at email@example.com for more information.
- DNR recommends new comprehensive deer management program based on hunter input
- DNR seeks help in locating abandoned crab traps
- North Island hog hunts with dogs to remove destructive feral hogs
- S.C. Drought Committee to meet in Columbia on Feb. 3
- DNR website provides anglers detailed information on saltwater fish
- Ecological burns in Jocassee Gorges to restore habitat, improve safety
- Arborist enthusiastic about Whitewater River hemlocks treated by Duke Energy grant
- White-nose syndrome continues to decimate bat populations
- After the holidays, let Christmas trees benefit fish and wildlife
- DNR transports 14 cold stunned marine turtles to S.C. Aquarium
- Trustee Council finalizes South Carolina Recreational Fishing Compensation Plan
- Freshwater fishing trends
- Saltwater fishing trends
- S.C. weekly tidetable
- DNR video