** Archived Article - please check for current information. **
August 3, 2011
Wildlife Technical Assistance Providers list now available
The Wildlife Technical Assistance Providers List is a directory of contractors, who are involved in wildlife technical assistance, especially those contractors who provide on-the-ground services. The list was compiled by the S.C. Department of Natural Resources (DNR) with assistance from Clemson Extension Service, Natural Resources Conservation Service, USDA Forest Service, and S.C. Forestry Commission.
The list currently consists of individuals or businesses in South Carolina and nearby contractors in Georgia and North Carolina. These contractors provided a variety of services ranging from: timber and wildlife management, prescribe burning, food plot planting, and dove field preparations.
The S.C. Department of Natural Resources in no way endorses or guarantees the services of any contractor on this list. It is strongly recommended that the landowner seeking assistance ask for references and a written contract which outlines the landowner's desired service, outcome and/or objectives and goals. It is also recommended that the landowner seeks more than one opinion before agreeing to any contract. Listings are by county of business location. Most contractors work multiple counties.
Compiling the list will be an ongoing process and changes to the Wildlife Technical Assistance Providers List will be made as new contractors are identified. If you are a private consultant or business involved with wildlife habitat related technical assistance to private landowners and wish to be included on this list, please contact Willie Simmons at (803) 734-3898. To obtain a copy of the list contact your local DNR office or visit the DNR website.
- Region 1 - Clemson – 311 Natural Resources Drive; Clemson, SC 29631 - (864) 654-1671
- Region 2 - Florence - 295 S. Evander Drive; Florence, SC 29506 - (843) 661-4768
- Region 3 - Columbia - 1000 Assembly Street; Columbia, SC 29202 - (803) 734-3886
- Region 4 - Charleston - 217 Ft. Johnson Road; Charleston, SC 29422 - (843) 953-9300
- Early-Season Migratory Bird Seasons approved by Natural Resources Board
- Edisto Marina rounds out SC Governor's Cup Billfishing Series
- Wildlife Technical Assistance Providers list now available
- Spartanburg students place 3rd in Canon Envirothon competition
- Youth dove hunt to be held in Abbeville County Sept. 3
- Banded mourning doves provide vital information to biologists
- Waterfowl Advisory Committee meets Aug. 9 in Columbia
- Forty-three fields available for public dove hunting
- DNR to host alligator hunting seminars
- Aug. 12 is deadline to apply for Union County youth dove hunt
- Adult, youth dove hunts to be held at Draper WMA in York County
- North Island one of the densest sea turtle nesting beaches in SC
- Aug. 12 deadline for Pee Dee Station Site WMA dove hunt
- Freshwater fishing trends
- Saltwater fishing trends
- S.C. weekly tidetable
- DNR video