** Archived Article - please check for current information. **
April 21, 2011
Purchasing DNR surplus equipment now easier than ever
The S.C. Department of Natural Resources, in an effort to streamline services and make purchasing surplus equipment easier, has now moved to online auctions through the S.C. Budget and Control Board - Surplus Property Office. Surplus items such as vehicles, boats, outboard motors, all-terrain vehicles and other equipment will be offered for auction.
Items will be continuously added according the S.C. Department of Natural Resources (DNR) needs.
Visit the following websites for the latest information on auctions and surplus sales: http://www.admin.sc.gov/generalservices/surplus and www.govdeals.com/index.cfm.
The Surplus Property Office is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. and is located at 1441 Boston Avenue, West Columbia. For information call (803) 896-6880.
- Boardwalk at Dungannon Plantation Heritage Preserve closed to protect nesting wood storks
- Camp Wildwood outdoor environmental camp scheduled for June 19-25
- Aiken County WMA opens to the public Saturdays in May
- 'The Great Central U.S. ShakeOut' earthquake preparedness drill scheduled April 28
- April 9-10 busy fishing days for Youth Bass Fishing League Clubs
- Learn to co-exist with bears says DNR biologist
- Landowners learned techniques of improving quail habitat
- Plan and prepare now for fall dove hunting
- Welcome migratory songbirds to your yard
- Purchasing DNR surplus equipment now easier than ever
- South Carolina Wildlife magazine recognized as 2010 Notable State Documents
- Adult/youth fishing open at Bonneau Ferry through Oct. 31
- Wild hogs remain a concern in South Carolina
- Brushy ditch banks, weedy field borders benefits farm wildlife
- 13-year cicadas expected to return to Midlands, Upstate in late April
- Freshwater fishing trends
- Saltwater fishing trends
- S.C. weekly tidetable
- DNR video