Saltwater Fishing Trends - Feb. 19
Fishing trends courtesy www.SCFishingReport.com. Check the site for recent updates and detailed reports.
- Cherry Grove Pier reports that only a few whiting have been caught off the pier recently.
- Nearshore: Perry’s reports that at the nearshore reefs black sea bass, black drum, and red drum are being caught.
- Inshore: Haddrell’s Point reports that redfish are still schooling in large numbers on the shallow flats, and they will still take a well-placed Zman StreakZ. Sheepshead can be found around bridge pilings and heavy structure in 10-25 feet of water, with oysters catching the most fish recently.
- Folly Beach Pier reports that fishing remains slow and only a few sharks and rays have been caught off the pier recently.
- Spottail Bass: Fair to good. Captain Dan “Fishin’ Coach” Utley in Hilton Head reports that redfish are schooled on the oyster flats along the Chechessee. The bite has been good on ¼ ounce jigs tipped with a Natural Gulp! Shrimp; the key is to cast the jig in front of the fish so that they can swim onto it, dead-stick it (no movement) and let the smell eventually get the best of the fish so that they will take it. If dolphins move into the area then look for another spot and more schools.