#06-128 May 15, 2006
Natural Resources Board meets May 19 at Yawkey Wildlife Center
The S.C. Natural Resources Board, the policy-making body of the S.C. Department of Natural Resources, will meet 10 a.m. Friday, May 19 at the Yawkey Wildlife Center near Georgetown.
Board meetings are open to the public, and anyone with business for the board or needing directions to the meeting should contact the S.C. Department of Natural Resources Columbia office at (803) 734-9102. Michael G. McShane of Johns Island is chairman of the S.C. Natural Resources Board.
Items scheduled on the agenda for the S.C. Natural Resources Board meeting include:
- Advisory Committee Reports: Heritage Trust; Waterfowl; Migratory Waterfowl
- Items for board information
- Overview of Tom Yawkey Wildlife Center
- Available funds for phragmites on coastal properties
- Items for board action
- Francis Marion National Forest deer seasons
- Wadakoe Mountain Heritage Preserve management plan
- Director’s briefings
- Executive Office
- Legislative report
- Deputy directors' reports: Wildlife and Freshwater Fisheries; Law Enforcement; Outreach and Support Services; Marine Resources; Land, Water and Conservation