#06-108 May 1, 2006
State Heritage Trust board will meet May 3 in Columbia
The S.C. Heritage Trust Advisory Board will meet 1 p.m. Wednesday, May 3 at the South Carolina Department of Archives and History at 8301 Parklane Road in Columbia. The Heritage Trust Advisory Board’s Natural Areas Committee and the Cultural Areas Committee will meet at the same location at 11 a.m.
Anyone with business for the advisory board may call (803) 734-3918 in Columbia.
The S.C. Department of Natural Resources Heritage Trust Program protects significant natural and cultural lands in South Carolina. Formed by state law in 1976, Heritage Trust has protected 81,133 acres on 69 state heritage preserves found throughout South Carolina. Dr. Julia Krebs of Florence is chair of the board. The policy-making Heritage Trust Advisory Board serves as a liaison between the public, the Heritage Trust Program and the S.C. Natural Resources Board.
Items scheduled on the agenda include:
- Presentation and comments from the director
- Natural Areas Committee report
—Brice Property donation (adjoins Belvue Springs Heritage Preserve in Greenville County)
—Woodbury Survey update (Marion County)
—Other contractual issues (Aiken County)
- Cultural Areas Committee
- Update on protection of sea bird islands
- Proposal to surplus property near Ditch Pond (Aiken and Barnwell counties)
- Overview and status report on the revenue bond process
- Budget overview
—Natural Areas Management budget
—Cultural Areas Management budget
- Future budget issues/revenue outlook
- Executive session
- Action items on contractual issues