#06-155 June 12, 2006
DNR to hold public meetings focusing on marine resources
S.C. Department of Natural Resources staff will conduct a series of public forums around the state throughout June and July addressing marine resources topics.
The Marine Resources Division of S.C. Department of Natural Resources (DNR) will host the series of statewide forums. Topics of discussion throughout the series will include a synopsis of marine resources related items of interest, an overview of the South Carolina Saltwater Recreational Fisheries License Program and a presentation on marine fisheries resource management strategies, including a discussion of recreational bag and size limits for a number of marine finfish species. The meetings, and similar follow-up efforts, will assist DNR in achieving long-term goals for conserving and managing South Carolina’s marine resources.
For additional information, contact Mel Bell, with the DNR’s Office of Fisheries Management at email@example.com, or (843) 953-9007.
The forum dates and regional locations are as follows:
- June 13th, 7-9 p.m., Francis Marion University, Leatherman Science Building, Room 102, 4822 Patriot Drive, Florence 29501. Contact Lynne Timmons, (843) 661-1110.
- June 14th, 7-9 p.m., Coastal Carolina University, Burroughs & Chapin Center for Marine and Wetland Studies, 1270 Atlantic Ave., Conway 29523. Contact Karen Williams, (843) 349-4019.
- June 22nd, 6-8 p.m., Greenville Public Library, Main Branch, 25 Heritage Green Place, Greenville 29601. Contact Madeline Campbell, (864) 242-5000.
- June 27th, 7-9 p.m., DNR STYX facility, 1530 Fish Hatchery Road, Columbia 29712. Contact 800-277-4301.
- June 29th, 7-9 p.m., MRRI auditorium, 217 Ft. Johnson Road, Charleston 29422. Contact Mary Ellen Williams, (843) 953-9038.
- July 11th, 7-9 p.m., The Technical College of the Lowcountry, Health Sciences Building, Room 103, 921Ribaut Road, Beaufort 29902. Contact Kelly Hale, (843) 525-8249.
- July 13th, 7-9 p.m., USC Baruch Marine Field Lab, Kimball Conference Lodge, Highway 17 North, Hobcaw Barony, Georgetown 29440. Contact Jan Blakely, (843) 546-3623, ext. 221.