#06-04 January 2, 2006
Numerous S.C. Areas for Barrier-free Fishing Access
These days many anglers use the latest technology and
high-powered boats to get to the best fishing, which leads some to believe it
may not be worth the effort. This couldn't be further from the truth. There are
numerous areas around South Carolina for bank and pier fishing.
Find out more about resident license fees, fresh and saltwater fishing
regulations and more at http://www.dnr.sc.gov/regulations.html. Please contact individual sites as some state parks and private piers may charge a nominal fee for usage.
Barrier-free Fishing Access Sites:
- Abbeville County
- Latimer Landing - Off of S.C. Highway 81, North of Calhoun Falls, SC on Lake Russell.
- Lowndesville Fishing Access - On S.C. Highway 71, just East of Lowndesville, SC on Lake Russell.
- Calhoun Falls Fishing Pier - Off of S.C. Highway 72, West of Calhoun Falls, SC on a sub-impoundment of Lake Russell adjacent to the
- Aiken County
- North Augusta Riverview Park - Off of US Highway 25 Business
just West of the City of North Augusta, on the Savannah River.
- Anderson County
- Darwin H. Wright Park - Off of US Highway 178, just North of
Anderson, SC just below I-85.
- Barnwell County
- Lake Edgar Brown - In the City of Barnwell, near US Highway
278 and SC Highway 64, on Wellington Drive.
- Beaufort County
- Broad River Landing Fishing Pier - On SC Highway 170,
East of Beaufort, SC, on the Broad River
- C.C. Haigh, Jr. Landing - On US
Highway 278, on Pinckney Island, in Mackay's Creek.
- Hunting Island State Park - At the end of County Road 406,
at Fripp Inlet.
- Berkeley County
- Fred L. Day Landing Fishing Pier - Off of SC Highway 6, just North of SC
Highway 311, on Lake Moultrie.
- John R. Bettis Landing - Off of US Highway 52, near the Trident Technical
College, on the Goose Creek Reservoir, bank fishing only.
- Bushy Park Landing Fishing Pier - On County Road 503, North of the Navel
Weapons Station, on the Cooper River.
- Richardson's Landing - Near the end of County Road S-8-42 in Bonneau Beach on
the left. Outside of Bonneau, SC, off of U.S. Highway 52.
- Charleston County
- Remley's Point Landing Fishing Pier - Off of County Road 56, just north of
US Highway 17, in Mount Peasant, SC on the Cooper River.
- John P. Limehouse Landing Fishing Pier - On County Road 20, just below Johns
Island on the Stono River.
- Dawhoo Landing Fishing Pier - On SC Highway 174, South of Adams Run, SC on
the Dawhoo River.
- Cherokee County
- Lake Cherokee Fishing Pier - Off of SC Highway 105, East of Gaffney, SC,
near SC Highway 329.
- Lake Thicketty - Off of County Road 59, just above I-85, West of Gaffney,
SC; bank fishing only.
- Chester County
- Lake Oliphant Landing Fishing Pier - Off of County Road 190, just above SC
Highway 909, East of Lowrys, SC.
- Mountain Lake Fishing Pier - On County Road 546, off of SC Highway 72,
Southwest of Chester State Park.
- Lake Whelchel Recreation Area - Off County Road 82, just above I-85 in
- Clarendon County
- Taw Caw Park - On County Road 38 below Davis Crossroads, South of Summerton, SC on Lake Marion.
- C. Alex Harvin Landing Fishing Pier - On SC Highway 260, South of Manning, SC on Lake Marion.
- Colleton County
- Old Chehaw Landing Pier - On County Road 162, South of Green Pond, SC on the
Old Chehaw River.
- Darlington County
- Dargan's Pond Fishing Pier - Off of County Road 495, just North of I-95.
Open ONLY on certain days of the week and seasonal basis. Times posted at
- Dorchester County
- Herbert H. Jessen Boardwalk and Fishing Pier - Off of Ladson Road Extension,
South of SC Highway 642 on the Ashley River
- Lick Fork Lake Fishing Pier - At the end of County Road 392, South of SC
Highway 230 in the Sumter National Forest.
- Slade's Lake Fishing Pier - Off of US Highway 25 just Southeast of
- Lynches River County Park - Canoe launch area down to all water levels and a
boardwalk along the river.
- Fairfield County
- Lake Monticello Park Fishing Pier - Off of SC Highway 215, North of Jenkinsville, SC, on Lake Monticello.
- Greenville County
- Lake Robinson Recreation Area - Off of County Road 92, above SC Highway 290,
Northwest of Greer, SC on Lake John A. Robinson.
- Lake Cunningham Recreation Facility - On County Road 135, just off of SC
Highway 101, Northwest of Greer, SC on Lake Cunningham.
- Greenwood County
- Star Fort Pond Fishing Pier - On County road 27, just off of SC Highway 246
South of Ninety Six, SC; on the Ninety Six National Historic Site.
- Lake Greenwood State Park Fishing Pier - On SC Highway 702, East of Ninety
Six, SC on Lake Greenwood.
- Lake Warren Fishing Pier - On County Road 41, between SC Highway 363 and US
Highway 601, Southwest of Hampton, SC on Lake George Warren.
- Horry County
- Cherry Grove Landing Fishing Pier - At the end of 53rd Avenue, in Cherry
Grove Beach, SC near the Hog Inlet.
- Myrtle Beach State Park Pier - On US Highway 17 Business, between Surfside
Beach and Myrtle Beach, on the Atlantic Ocean.
- Jasper County
- Cook's Landing Fishing Pier - At the end of County Road 89, off of SC
Highway 170, Southeast of Hardeeville, SC on the New River.
- Bolan Hall Landing Fishing Pier - At the end of County Road 387, off of US
Highway 278, East of Ridgeland, SC on Euhaw Creek.
- Kershaw County
- Lugoff Access Area Fishing Platform - At the end of County Road 37, below
the Wateree Lake Dam, Northwest of Camden, SC on the Wateree River.
- Lancaster County
- Andrew Jackson State Park Pier - On US Highway 521, North of Lancaster, SC.
- Sunrise Lake - Off of County Road 159, just off of US Highway 521, in
Pleasant Hill, SC; bank fishing only.
- Laurens County
- River Fork Road Fishing Pier - On County Road 29, off of US Highway 221,
Southwest of Waterloo, SC on Lake Greenwood.
- Lake Rabon Park Fishing Pier - On SC Highway 252, West of Laurens, SC on
- Lee County
- Lake Ashwood Fishing Pier - On US Highway 15, South of Bishopville, SC on
- Lexington County
- Lake Murray Park Fishing Pier - On SC Highway 6, on the Irmo side of the Lake Murray Dam.
- Saluda Shoals Park Fishing Pier - On Old Bush River Road, between St.
Andrews Road and Lake Murray, South of Irmo, SC on the Saluda River.
- Marlboro County
- Lake Wallace Fishing Piers - Off of SC Highway 385 in Bennettsville, SC. One
near the lake spillway and one at the end of the island out in the lake.
- McCormick County
- Dorn Sports Fishing Facility Pier - Off of County Road 124, off US Highway
378, Southwest of McCormick, SC on Lake Strom Thurmond.
- High Falls Park Fishing Pier - At the end of County Road 547, just off of SC
Highway 183, East of Walhalla, SC on Lake Keowee.
- South Cove Park Fishing Pier - At the end of County Road 608, off of SC
Highway 188, North of Seneca, SC on Lake Keowee.
- Orangeburg County
- Indian Bluff Park Fishing Pier - End of County Road 1641, off of SC Highway
6, North of Eutawville, SC on Lake Marion.
- Pickens County
- Table Rock State Park Fishing Pier - On SC Highway 11 at Park, on Lake Oolenoy.
- Lake Edwin Johnson - At the end of County Road 359, off of SC Highway 295,
within the Camp Croft State Park, bank fishing only.
- Lake Blalock Park Fishing Pier - Off of County Road 190, just off US Highway
221, North of Spartanburg, SC on Lake Taylor Blalock.
- Lake Bowen Fishing Pier - On County Road 37 near I-26, North of Inman, SC on
Lake William C. Bowen.
- Lake Lyman Park Pier - Off County Road 904, just off of SC Highway 357,
Northeast of Lyman, SC on Lake Lyman.
- Lake Cooley Park - Off of SC Highway 292, North of Wellford, SC
- Sumter County
- Rimini Landing Fishing Pier - End of County Road 51, Southwest of Rimini, SC
on Lake Marion.
- Union County
- Lake Long Fishing Pier - Off of SC Highway 9, Northeast of Union, SC on Lake John D. Long.
- Jonesville Reservoir Fishing Pier - Off of SC Highway 18, just North of Jonesville, SC on the Jonesville Reservoir.
- Foster Park Pier - In Veterans Memorial Park off of Lakeside Drive.
- York County
- Allison Creek Access Fishing Pier - Off of SC Highway 274, West of Tega Cay,
SC on Lake Wylie