Operate a Pumpout
- Remove cap from boat's deck waste fitting.
- Insert hose nozzle into deck fitting. (You may need an adapter to make it fit. Marinas generally have them available. They are also for sale in boat stores.)
- Turn pump on. If there is a hose valve, open it to start suction.
- When waste is no longer seen in sightglass, close hose valve, turn off pump and remove nozzle from deck fitting.
- Put nozzle (with open valve) in bucket of water for 15 seconds to rinse hose. If desired, rinse boat's tank with water and pump dry.
- Close the hose valve. Put away hose. Turn off the pump and replace the deck fitting cap.