ACE Basin NERR - Stewardship
The NERR hosts a number of education programs. The audience and registration process for each varies, so contact program coordinators with any questions. Click on the programs below for more information:
- Coastal Exploration Series - a public event series focused on fostering the relationship between SCDNR and the public as means to increase stewardship of South Carolina's resources. Events largely highlight managed properties and projects of the SCDNR and provide opportunities for the public to engage with SCDNR experts.
- K-12 Programs - programs for studens and teachers designed to enhance public awareness of the importance of estuarine systems and provide opportunities for public education and interpretation.
- Coastal Training Program - an education program geared towards coastal decision makers. The ACE Basin CTP offers information and training on a wide variety of critical coastal issues.
- Visit our Event Calendar to find upcoming educational events.
The ACE Basin NERR works with a number of different partners throughout and surrounding the ACE Basin. These locations offer a number of recreation opportunities. Visit their websites for more information, as well as, to see what they are doing to help protect the ACE Basin.
You can also visit our Event Calendar, which provides information on upcoming events offered by the NERR and our partners.
- Botany Bay Plantation
- Edisto Beach State Park
- Ernest F. Hollings ACE Bsin National Wildlife Refuge
- Donnelly Wildlife Management Area
- Bear Island Wildlife Management Area
- Dungannon Plantation Heritage Preserve
- CawCaw Interpretive Center
- South Carolina Aquarium
- Audubon Beidler Forest
- Great Swamp
- Lowcountry Estuarium
- Hunting Island State Park
- Friends of the Rivers
- Nemours Wildlife Foundation
- Beaufort Soil and Water Conservation District
The ACE Basin NERR hosts a volunteer program at Botany Bay Plantation. Vounteers help direct visitors, give out educational information, monitor wildlife populations, protect historical structures on the property, and assist with management of the property. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Bess Kellett for more information.