Youth Hunting Applications - 2017-2018 Youth Only Public Lottery Waterfowl Hunts
Applications must be submitted by 5:00 pm, Tuesday, October 31, 2017.
- Transportation, blinds and decoys are furnished on Bear Island, Broad River, Clemson Waterfowl Area, Donnelley, Sandy Beach, Beaverdam and Bonneau Ferry WMAs.
- Only transportation and blinds are provided at Santee Coastal The Cape WMA.
- Hunting from banks or dikes is NOT allowed.
- Chest waders and flashlights are necessary on all sites.
- Hunters must report to the check station at 5:00 a.m. E.S.T. on all areas. Shooting hours are one-half hour before official sunrise to 11:00 a.m.
- The use of retrievers is strongly recommended. All dogs must be kept on a leash when not hunting. While hunting, retrievers must remain in close proximity to the hunter except during actual retrieving. Hunters are limited to one dog per blind.
- Nontoxic shot (steel, bismuth or other Federally approved shot) is required on all areas. Each hunter will be limited to 25 shells, 10 gauge or larger guns are not allowed.
|Hunt Site||Waterfowl Areas||County||Hunt Dates|
|Site #1||Bear Island||Colleton||2/3/18|
|Site #2||Beaverdam||Anderson||2/3/18, 2/10/18|
|Site #3||Bonneau Ferry||Berkeley||11/25/17, 12/9/17, 12/17/17, 12/23/17, 12/30/17, 1/6/18, 1/13/18, 1/20/18, 1/27/18, 2/10/18|
|Site #4||Broad River||Fairfield||2/3/18|
|Site #5||Clemson Waterfowl Area||Anderson||12/16/17, 1/6/18, 1/13/18, 1/20/18, 1/27/18, 2/3/18, 2/10/18|
|Site #6||Donnelley||Colleton||12/9/17, 12/16/17, 12/30/17, 1/13/18, 1/20/18, 1/27/18, 2/3/18|
|Site #7||Sandy Beach||Berkeley||2/3/18, 2/10/18|
|Site #8||Santee Coastal - Murphy Island||Charleston||2/3/18|
|Site #9||Santee Coastal - The Cape||Charleston||2/3/18|