2017-2018 Public Drawing Waterfowl Hunt
Applications must be submitted by 5:00 pm, Tuesday, October 31, 2017.
- Transportation, blinds and decoys are furnished on Bear Island - East, Bear Island-Springfield/The Cut, Sandy Beach, Broad River and Wateree River WMAs. Only transportation and blinds are provided at Samworth, Santee Coastal-The Cape, Cedar Island, Murphy Island and Bear Island West. Transportation, layout boats or sleds, and marsh stools are provided at Santee-Delta East and West. Hunters will be limited to one bag of decoys per blind.
- All sites require moderate physical exertion.
- Hunting from banks or dikes is NOT allowed.
- Chest waders and flashlights are necessary on all sites.
- Hunters must report to the check station at 5:00 a.m. E.S.T. on all areas except for Santee Coastal – Cedar Island and Murphy Island where hunters must report to the check station at 4:30 a.m. E.S.T.
- The use of retrievers is strongly recommended. All dogs must be kept on a leash. While hunting, retrievers must remain in close proximity to the hunter except during actual retrieving. Hunters are limited to one dog per blind.
- Nontoxic shot (steel, bismuth or other Federally approved shot) is required on all areas.
- Blinds for mobility impaired hunters are available on each hunt site except Bear Island – West, Bear Island – Springfield/The Cut, Santee Coastal – Cedar Island and Murphy Island, Samworth and Santee-Delta East and West. Mobility impaired hunters on all areas where sites are available are required to call prior to the hunt date and notify area personnel of special needs.
- Geese can be taken at all sites on those dates that fall within the established goose season for that area of the state.
- The hunt period on all areas is one-half hour before sunrise to 11:00 a.m.
- Each hunter will be limited to 25 shells, 10 gauge or larger guns are not allowed. Alcohol is prohibited. Participation in the hunt constitutes consent to search of persons and their belongings. Any violation of any law or WMA regulation may result in immediate dismissal from the hunt.
|Waterfowl Areas||County||Hunt Dates|
|Bear Island - East Unit||Colleton||11/18/17, 11/25/17, 12/14/17, 12/21/17, 12/28/17, 1/11/18, 1/18/18, 1/25/18|
|Bear Island - Springfield/The Cut||Colleton||12/9/17, 12/16/17, 12/23/17, 12/30/17, 1/6/18, 1/13/18, 1/20/18, 1/27/18|
|Bear Island - West Unit||Colleton||11/21/17, 12/12/17, 12/19/17, 1/2/18, 1/9/18, 1/16/18, 1/23 /18|
|Beaverdam||Anderson||12/16/17, 1/6/18, 1/13/18, 1/20/18, 1/27/18|
|Broad River Waterfowl Area||Fairfield||12/9/17, 12/16/17, 12/23/17, 12/30/17, 1/6/18, 1/13/18, 1/20/18, 1/27/18|
|Sandy Beach||Berkeley||12/13/17, 12/20/17, 12/27/17, 1/3/18, 1/10/18, 1/17/18, 1/24/18|
|Santee Coastal - Cedar Island||Georgetown||11/20/17, 12/14/17, 12/18/17, 12/28/17, 1/3/18, 1/11/18, 1/18/18, 1/25/18|
|Santee Coastal - Murphy Island||Charleston||11/21/17, 12/13/17, 12/19/17, 12/29/17, 1/4/18, 1/10/18, 1/17/18, 1/24/18|
|Santee Coastal - The Cape||Charleston||11/18/17, 12/15/17, 12/20/17, 12/27/17, 1/5/18, 1/12/18, 1/19/18, 1/26/18|
|Santee-Delta - East Unit||Georgetown||12/9/17, 12/16/17, 12/30/17, 1/6/18, 1/13/18, 1/20/18, 1/27/18|
|Santee-Delta - West Unit||Georgetown||12/9/17, 12/16/17, 12/30/17, 1/6/18, 1/13/18, 1/20/18, 1/27/18|
|Wateree River Heritage Preserve||Richland||11/18/17, 12/16/17, 12/20/17, 1/3/18, 1/17/18|