Deer Quota Program
- Antlerless Deer Quota Program (ADQP) becomes "Deer Quota Program" (DQP).
- This property based program has been in place for over 50 years.
- DNR determines the quota and issues tags based on the size and location of the property and the goals of the participant. Harvest report is required.
- The only change is applicants may choose between receiving a quota for antlered and antlerless deer or select only one. If they choose only one then hunters on the property must use their personal tags for the one not chosen. Otherwise, personal tags cannot be used on quota properties.
- Just like now, the "limit" is on the property not the persons hunting the property
- Fee remains at $50 per application and applies equally to residents and nonresidents.
- Buck quotas will be based upon buck harvest data that program participants reported for the last 3 deer seasons and represent the average buck harvest in terms of acres per buck harvested for program participants in a given county. Different buck harvest rates at the county level are partly based on local hunter philosophy related to buck harvest. More importantly however, is habitat productivity and the fact that some counties naturally produce more deer than other counties simply because the habitat is better.
If you have questions regarding the new deer tag regulations, email DeerTags@dnr.sc.gov.