The Bass Federation Junior Tournaments
- Anglers fish as individuals and are randomly paired with another angler from another club and a random boat captain. Each club may send up to six members, three from the 11-14 age category and three from the 15-18 age category, to the Junior Championship. No matter what, an even number of anglers must be sent per the boat rule. Clubs are required to bring 1 boat for every 2 anglers.
- The 6 members sent must qualify by participating in at least two club level tournaments. Members of the youth team may compete amongst themselves in club tournaments to qualify or with other clubs. These club tournaments may be bank fishing, pier or boat tournaments. Other youth tournaments than those held by clubs can be used to qualify for the TBF of South Carolina Junior Championship (May) as long as the club leader keeps accurate records of each team members weights.
- Students participating in this tournament must be 18 years old or under by the end of August of the year of the TBF of South Carolina Junior Championship and National Guard Junior World Championship. Therefore, any high school team members that will be 19 years old or will be before August are not eligible to compete for the TBF of South Carolina Juniors title; however, they are eligible to compete as a part of the school team competition. Anglers that fall in this category will be refunded $10 of their state TBF membership. Five dollars will be retained for insurance purposes.
- The cumulative weight for the top placing club will be crowned State Champions for the year and display the winning cup.
- Following the TBF of South Carolina Junior Championship, one youth from each age category (11-14; 15-18) will go to the National Guard Junior World Championship where kids compete from different states.
- The winning angler from each age category, ages 11-14 and 15-18, at the TBF of South Carolina Junior Championship advances, representing SC, to the National Guard Junior World Championship where 94 anglers compete for the title.
2013 TBF of SC Junior Championship Forms