Technology Development Program
The Technology Development Program provides various network, hardware, software, and technical support for GIS activities at the agency.
Some of these functions include:
- Agency wide GIS software licensing and support for ESRI ArcGIS Suite and Leica Geosystems ERDAS Imagine.
- GIS application development and assistance.
- Cartographic products and support.
- Maintain a centralized GIS data server and GIS Data Clearinghouse on web.
- User technical support and consulting for GIS and GPS.
- GIS web mapping application development and support.
- Development of an Enterprise information system for tabular and spatial data.
- Joint Funding Agreements (JFA) with existing national mapping programs to acquire and fund GIS related data and imagery acquisition.
- Sponsor for the agency GIS User Group.
Other Program Areas
Many other program areas utilize and develop GIS data and applications to manage natural resources.