Dynamic Mapping Applications
Available Web Applications
South Carolina DOQQ Archive
This site contains over 500 digital orthophoto quarter quads taken in 1994 depicting all the coastal counties. These images were geometrically corrected to meet national standards for spatial data accuracy at a scale of 1:12,000. Images can be viewed and downloaded for free.
SCDNR Data Viewer
This web mapping application provides users without GIS software the ability to view various DNR GIS data including: Digital Orthophoto Quadrangles (DOQQs) for 1994, 1999, and 2006; digital raster graphics (scanned topographic quadrangle maps). This application will be expanded to include other data layers as time permits.
South Carolina GAP Analysis Online Mapping
GAP is a national program to tackle the difficult issues of land cover mapping, animal habitat characterization, and biodiversity conservation assessment at the state, regional, and national levels. GAP data can be downloaded or viewed through a number of interactive online mapping tools.
NWI Wetlands Classification Decoder
This web application will take a valid NWI wetland or Anderson Level II upland classification code and display the translated system, subsystem, class, subclass, and attributes.
DNR Map Viewer Requirements
Browser/ System Recommendations
The mapping application requires a minimum monitor screen resolution of 800 by 600 pixels but would recommend using a higher screen resolution. The Map Viewer is best viewed with a screen resolution of 1024 by 786 pixels.
We recommend using one of the following web browsers to view this application (listed in alphabetical order):
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher
- Mozilla Firefox 1.5 or higher
- Safari 1.2.x or higher (Macintosh users)
You must temporarily disable any pop-up blockers for this application to work or add the following webpages as a trusted site in your web browser's security settings.
- URL: http://scdata.dnr.state.sc.us/
- URL: http://www.dnr.sc.gov/
- This application uses ESRI ArcIMS Internet Mapping technology.
- The Technology Development Program maintains and supports this application. For technical problems and/or questions, contact:firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Alternative options are avaiable for patrons with disablities, please refer to DNR's Accesibility Statement for additional information.
- The DNR Map Viewer applications are provided as a service. Please refer to our GIS Disclaimer for additional information concerning mapping and database products.